Friday, April 18, 2014

Company 25th Anniversary Tour of Tasmania #1

Company has reached its 25th years. Our big boss was decided to celebrate it by organizing a trip to Tasmania.  Of course for new employee like me have to pay partially for the trip. However, it is very very worth. XD

On 14th of march 23.45, we had depart from KLIA to Melbourne airport by MAS. It took almost 8 hour journey to reach Melbourne airport. I can't get to sleep in the plane although I had took medicine. Watching people around me had fall into sleep but I was awake for whole night. And finally, I got headache when reached Melbourne airport. 


After checked in at Dosmetic Tullamarine airport, we had our lunch at the airport. Hungry Jack was suggested by my friend. 

The first place we visited was cascade brewery which located at Hobart. It is the oldest brewery in Australia. Brewery tour are available there. However, there was insufficient time for us as we reached there almost 3pm something and their closing time is 4pm. Therefore, bunch of people were in their visitor centre to enjoy their beer. Outdoor seats are available whereby you can enjoy the beer with the amazing view.  You may choose indoor seats to have your beer in a very comfortable and relax environment.





Surprisingly, we saw below items in the brewery.  

Old style pH meter


Apparatus

Assuming they won't read my blog. LOL! Gonna be mad if they see i posted this.




It is such a great place for you to relax, having beer and chatting with friends or family. Highly recommended if you plan to go Tasmania. However, you may need sufficient time to visit this place and enjoy your beer in a super nice environment.  

140 CASCADE RD, SOUTH HOBART, TASMANIA


After that, we had checked in hotel to get ourselves ready for dinner. Wrest Point hotel, located at Hobart. The room is amazing, and comfortable. I feel regret as I did not take a photo of the room. Never mine, I still have this:


Looked out of the window. There is sea view which made me and my roommate spoke the "wowwww!!" word again. 

We had our first dinner in Tasmania, at Barilla Bay Restaurant.  Since oyster farm are available there, the restaurant offer fresh oysters.




I don't really try raw food. However, Tasmania is famous of seafood and it is a waste if din't try any. Therefore, I had try on it and I got shocked! LOL! I started understand why there are people love raw oysters so much. It taste awesome! It was very very fresh and juicy without the irritating smell. Well, not just raw oysters, there are cheese baked oysters, Lime and Tabasco jelly, Kilpatrick with bacon and etc.

Tempura Fish
Served with chunky chips and Caesar salad

Spring Bay mussels
The creamy sauce taste nice with the bread. Of course won't forget the fresh mussels which is very yummy.

Barilla Bay seafood laganelle
In my point of view, nothing too special for this. However, can't deny that seafood was very fresh.

Twice cooked barbeque duck


House made chicken and chorizo terrine ploughman's
The dish was served with Heidi Gruyere which made in Tasmania. It taste good for me. Not to forgot the chutney which made in Tasmania too.



1388 Tasmania Highway Cambridge TAS 7170

We were sharing all of the above in order to taste all of it.Absolutely, we enjoyed the dinner very much. 

After dinner, we went back to hotel.  We dropped by a supermarket for awhile to grab something, and explore. We are lucky as we found two supermarket which open till late night. 

That's my first day of Tasmania trip. 
Stay turn.







1 comment:


  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete